Home made dog treats
Check out this dog travel site which has some more details!
WHen you’re on the move, getting dog treats can be tricky
Being able to make your own little stash sure can be handy. Be sure to check out the website where this recipe came from!
Ingredients: (for 60-70 small cookies)
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all natural peanut butter – without sweeteners
- 1 tablespoon ground flax-seed
- 2 cups of all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (C).
- Either lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Combine your flour, cinnamon, and flax-seed,
- Gradually add the dry ingredients from step 4 into the wet ingredients from step 3. Knead as you go. You may need to add additional flour to form dough.
- Continue kneading the dough and knead it into a ball.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, you now have the choice to do one of the following:
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface, 1/4 inch thick and cut with the cookie cutter.
- On a floured surface, form dough into tubular 1″-2″ roll and slice into 1/4″ cookies.
- Place the result on the cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate.